I like to track the beer I drink with Untappd and wanted something similar for Coffee. Nothing exists, so I keep track of the coffees I drink here. These are mostly just coffees I buy by-the-bag and have at home. I drink a lot of coffee while out but I don’t keep track of that.
Generally purchased whole-bean, ground fresh with a burr grinder, and brewed with a french press or pour-over. Sorted with most recent at the top.
|Misfit||Las Lajas||Costa Rica||Dec 2022/Jan 2023||12/21/2022|
|Wonderstate||Revelry Holiday Blend||Ethiopia||Dec 2022||12/1/2022|
|Black & White||Ivan Solis - Candy Natural||Costa Rica||Nov/Dec 2022||11/04/2022|
|Black & White||Carlos Cabrera - Intrinsic Gesha||Panama||Nov 2022||11/04/2022|
|Sip of Hope||Veracruz Single Origin||Mexico||Nov 2022||10/26/2022|
|Intelligentsia||Sisters of Mary Immaculate||Kenya||Nov 2022||10/25/2022|
|Arcane||Guatemala Antigua||Guatemala||Nov 2022-Jan 2023||10/28/2022|
|Arcane||Ethiopia Shegitu||Ethiopia||Oct/Nov 2022||10/14/2022|
|Stone Creek||Cream City||Colombia||Oct 2022||09/22/2022|
|Wonderstate||Ethiopia Chelbessa||Ethiopia||Oct 2022||09/26/2022|
|Wonderstate||Mexico Ozolotepec||Mexico||Sep 2022||08/30/2022|
|Sweet Bloom||Karatina||Kenya||Sep 2022||08/16/2022|
|Wonderstate||Flyway||Blend - Guatemala||Aug 2022||07/25/2022|
|Black & White||Ghalib Al Hammashi - Anaerobic||Yemen||Aug 2022||07/22/2022|
|Black & White||Halo Hartume - EA Decaf||Ethiopia||Aug 2022||07/22/2022|
|Phil & Sebastian||Margarito Herrera||Honduras||June/Jule 2022||06/20/2022|
|Luminous Coffee||Kenya “AA” Kanda Estate||Kenya||June/July 2022||06/13/2022|
|Bean & Bean||Peru Las Damas||Peru||June 2022||05/30/2022|
|Rusty Dog Coffee||Costa Rica - Las Torres||Costa Rica||June 2022||?|
|Rusty Dog Coffee||Ethiopia - Keramo||Ethiopia||June 2022||?|
|Wonderstate||Burundi Kibingo Anaerobic Washed||Burundi||May 2022||05/09/2022|
|Wonderstate||Burundi Kibingo Washed||Burundi||May 2022||05/09/2022|
|Wonderstate||Burundi Kibingo Natural||Burundi||May/June 2022||05/09/2022|
|Stumptown||El Injerto Bourbon||Guatemala||May 2022||04/28/2022|
|Sip of Hope||Grounded||Blend||May 2022||04/20/2022|
|Ledger||Ethiopia Yirgacheffe||Ethiopia||Apr 2022||04/12/2022|
|Luminous Coffee||Koji “Vergel Estates”||Colombia||Apr 2022||03/13/2022|
|Stumptown||Rwanda Huye Mountain||Rwanda||Mar/Apr 2022||03/14/2022|
|Rusty Dog Coffee||Costa Rica Las Torres||Costa Rica||Mar 2022||?|
|JBC||Alaka Ethiopia||Ethiopia||Feb/Mar 2022||02/2022|
|Just Coffee||Wake the Flock Up||Blend||Feb 2022||?|
|Sip of Hope||Ethiopia Kayon Mountain Farm||Ethiopia||Feb 2022||01/25/2022|
|Black & White||Bright New Year - 2022||Blend||Feb 2022||01/27/2022|
|Wonderstate||Peru El Eucalipto||Peru||Jan/Feb 2022||01/10/2022|
|EVP||Tanzanian Peaberry||Tanzania||Jan 2022||12/20/2021|
|JBC||Alaka Ethiopia||Ethiopia||Jan 2022||01/2022|
Open to view list of 2021 coffees
|Stumptown||Ethiopia Single Origin||Ethiopia||Dec 2021||11/11/2021|
|Wonderstate||Revelry Holiday Blend||Ethiopian Blend||Dec 2021||11/22/2021|
|Angels Share Barrel Aged Coffee||Double Bourbon Barrel Stout||Colombia||Nov/Dec 2021||Undated|
|Ruby||Gesha Village Honey Process||Ethiopia||Nov 2021||11/01/2021|
|Ruby||Gesha Village Washed Process||Ethiopia||Nov 2021||11/03/2021|
|Ruby||Cheers (Holiday Blend)||Blend - Guatemala, Honduras, Ethiopia||Nov 2021||11/02/2021|
|Marigold||Squirrel Rhapsody||Blend||Oct/Nov 2021||09/28/2021|
|Ruby||San Pedro Yosotatu||Mexico||Oct 2021||10/05/2021|
|Black & White||Finca Nuguo - Full Spectrum+||Panama||Oct/Nov 2021||09/20/2021|
|Black & White||Birthday Blend 2021||Blend - Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya||Oct 2021||09/17/2021|
|Just Coffee||Just Bikes||Blend - Nicaragua, Ethiopia, Guatemala||Undated|
|Just Coffee||Bike Fuel||Blend - Peru, Honduras||Sep/Oct 2021||Undated|
|Just Coffee||¡Arriba!||Blend - Colombia, Honduras||Undated|
|Ruby||Tomorrow - Seasonal Project||San Ignacio, Peru||Aug/Sep 2021||08/17/2021|
|Pink Elephant||Guatemala Huehuetenango||Guatemala||Aug 2021||07/20/2021|
|Just Coffee||¡Arriba!||Blend - Colombia, Honduras||Aug 2021||Undated|
|Sip of Hope||Self Care Summer||Blend - Brazil, Ethiopia||July 2021||06/28/2021|
|Bean & Bean||Costa Rica Las Lajas Black Honey||Costa Rica||June 2021||06/10/2021|
|Bean & Bean||Guatemala Orange Honey||Guatemala||June 2021||06/08/2021|
|Black & White||Jakub Lazuardi - Anaerobic Natural||West Java (Indonesia)||May 2021||04/30/2021|
|Black & White||Gabriel Motta - Pink Bourbon||Colombia||May 2021||04/30/2021|
|Wonderstate||Peru San Fernando||Peru||Apr/May 2021||04/07/2021|
|Sip of Hope||Let Hope Bloom||Blend - Mexico, Ethiopia||Apr 2021||04/05/2021|
|David Rio Chai Bar||Rio Magdalena||Colombia||Apr 2021||03/18/2021|
|Jittery Joes||Tanzania Peaberry Burka Estate||Tanzania||Mar 2021||Undated|
|Jittery Joes||Whoop Ass||Blend||Mar 2021||Undated|
|Jittery Joes||Morning Ride||Blend - Guatemala, Peru||Mar 2021||Undated|
|Sip of Hope||Papua New Guinea Peaberry||Papua New Guinea||Feb 2021||2/9/21|
|Colectivo||Blue Heeler||Blend - Sumatra (Indonesia)||Feb 2021||2/1/2021|
|Just Coffee||Laos Peaberry||Laos||Jan/Feb 2021||Undated|
|Sip of Hope||Conversation Starter||Mexico||Jan 2021||12/28/2020|
|Sip of Hope||Mexico Nayarit||Mexico||Jan 2021||12/28/2020|
Open to view list of 2022 coffees
|Ancora (via Just Coffee)||Holiday Blend||Blend||Dec 2020||Undated|
|Sip of Hope||Conversation Starter||Mexico||Nov 2020||11/17/2020|
|EVP||Tanzanian Peaberry||Tanzania||Nov 2020||10/30/2020|
|Just Coffee||Wake the Flock Up||Blend||Oct 2020||Undated|
|Just Coffee||Revolution||Honduras||Oct 2020||Undated|
|Madcap||Luis Reinoso||Colombia||Sep 2020||9/13/2020|
|Wonderstate||Guatemala Adenisa||Guatemala||Aug 2020||8/2020|
Pictures and Notes
In 2022 I switched primarily from using a french press to using a pour-over for my coffee.
- Despite numerous challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic (labor shortages, shipping delays, etc) and crop/growing challenges due to climate change, I drank a lot of fantastic coffee in 2021. I was particularly impressed with coffees from Mexico and Ethiopia this year.
Stumptown - Ethiopia Single Origin
Shout-out to Jared at Broken Board Coffee for giving this bag to me!
Wonderstate - Revelry Holiday Blend
Angels Share Coffee - Double Bourbon Barrel Stout
- Roasted by Uncommon Grounds Roasters in Appleton, but aged in bourbon barrels by Angel’s Share Coffee Company. I’m glad I tried this, and I appreciate what they’re doing, but I don’t think barrel aged coffes are for me. I should love them because I love bourbons and barrel-aged stouts, but they just don’t seem right to me.
Ruby - Gesha Village Honey
Ruby - Gesha Village Washed
Ruby - Cheers
- I got a new mug from PKK Ceramics too!
Marigold - Squirrel Rhapsody
Ruby - San Pedro Yosotatu
Black & White - Finca Nuguo - Full Spectrum + (Gesha)
Black & White - Birthday Blend 2021
Just Coffee - Just Bikes
- Apparently September is Just Coffee month
Just Coffee - Bike Fuel
- This is my go-to for making cold brew coffee.
- Costco sells a 2lb bag for $15. Insane value and great coffee.
Just Coffee - ¡Arriba!
- Such a great breakfast blend that we bought another bag!
Ruby - Tomorrow - Seasonal Project
Pink Elephant - Guatemala Huehuetenango
Just Coffee - ¡Arriba!
Sip of Hope - Self Care Summer
Bean & Bean - Costa Rica Las Lajas Black Honey
Bean & Bean - Guatemala Orange Honey
Black & White Coffee - Jakub Lazuardi - Anaerobic Natural
Black & White Coffee - Gabriel Motta - Pink Bourbon
Wonderstate - Peru San Fernando
Sip of Hope - Let Hope Bloom
David Rio Chai Bar - Rio Magdalena
Jittery Joes - Tanzania Peaberry
Jittery Joes - Whoop Ass
Jittery Joes - Morning Ride
Sip of Hope - Papua New Guinea Peaberry
Colectivo Coffee - Blue Heller
- One of my favorite blends and one of my early introductions to high end coffee.
Just Coffee - Laos Peaberry
- Very interested to see what another Peaberry coffee will taste like. I love the Tanzanian Peaberry from EVP…and it will be interesting to see how the growing region affects the flavor.
Sip of Hope - Conversation Starter
- Pretty much the perfect blend. So well balanced, drinkable, and delicious.
Sip of Hope - Mexico Nayarit Natural
- I drank a lot of fantastic coffee in 2020. One of the few upsides to forced work-from-home was that I drank a lot more coffee at home than usual. As a result, I was able to order more and try more coffees than usual. Here’s a photo of all the coffees I had in 2020.
EVP Coffee - Brazilian
Ancora - Holiday Blend
- Reminds me of coffee at grandma’s house. It’s a blend of both medium and darkly roasted beans and unfortunately I’m picking up some mild burnt tastes. The holiday spice is there, but it’s a bit too dark for me.
Sip of Hope - Conversation Starter
- Sip of Hope has started roasting their own coffee! The previous iteration was an awesome blend roasted by Dark Matter Coffee but I was super excited to give this a try. Their debut coffee is a medium roast from Mexico. Very good! Earthy with robust and roasty flavors, not much sweetness or fruit. Great in a french press. No bitterness or acidity. Could drink this all day long.
EVP Coffee - Tanzanian Peaberry
- A personal local favorite that I haven’t had for quite a while. Holds up well. Bright and fruity without being acidic - has a nice roasty flavor as well.
Ruby Coffee - Gachatha (Kenya)
Just Coffee Wake the Flock Up
- A perfectly drinkable blend of coffee and roast types. A little uneven at times.
Just Coffee Revolution
- A bit too dark for me. Tastes over-roasted and kills some of the flavors, but fans of dark roast coffees will like this.
Madcap Luis Reinoso
I’ll call this a classic diner blend. It’s a little bit darker than I would like - has an ever-so-slight burn taste.