I like to track the beer I drink with Untappd and wanted something similar for Coffee. Nothing exists, so I keep track of the coffees I drink here. These are mostly just coffees I buy by-the-bag and have at home. I drink a lot of coffee while out but I don’t keep track of that.
Generally purchased whole-bean, ground fresh with a burr grinder, and brewed with a french press or pour-over. Sorted with most recent at the top.
|Black & White||Jakub Lazuardi - Anaerobic Natural||West Java (Indonesia)||May 2021||04/30/2021|
|Black & White||Gabriel Motta - Pink Bourbon||Colombia||May 2021||04/30/2021|
|Wonderstate||Peru San Fernando||Peru||Apr/May 2021||Undated||★★★☆☆|
|Sip of Hope||Let Hope Bloom||Blend - Mexico, Ethiopia||Apr 2021||04/05/2021||★★★★☆|
|David Rio Chai Bar||Rio Magdalena||Colombia||Apr 2021||03/18/2021||★★★☆☆|
|Jittery Joes||Tanzania Peaberry Burka Estate||Tanzania||Mar 2021||Undated||★★★★☆|
|Jittery Joes||Whoop Ass||Blend||Mar 2021||Undated||★★★☆☆|
|Jittery Joes||Morning Ride||Blend - Guatemala, Peru||Mar 2021||Undated||★★★★☆|
|Sip of Hope||Papua New Guinea Peaberry||Papua New Guinea||Feb 2021||2/9/21||★★★★☆|
|Colectivo||Blue Heeler||Blend - Sumatra (Indonesia)||Feb 2021||2/1/2021||★★★☆☆|
|Just Coffee||Laos Peaberry||Laos||Jan/Feb 2021||Undated|
|Sip of Hope||Conversation Starter||Mexico||Jan 2021||12/28/2020||★★★★★|
|Sip of Hope||Mexico Nayarit||Mexico||Jan 2021||12/28/2020||★★★★☆|
|Ancora (via Just Coffee)||Holiday Blend||Blend||Dec 2020||Undated||★★☆☆☆|
|Sip of Hope||Conversation Starter||Mexico||Nov 2020||11/17/2020||★★★★★|
|EVP||Tanzanian Peaberry||Tanzania||Nov 2020||10/30/2020||★★★★☆|
|Just Coffee||Wake the Flock Up||Blend||Oct 2020||Undated||★★★☆☆|
|Just Coffee||Revolution||Honduras||Oct 2020||Undated||★★☆☆☆|
|Madcap||Luis Reinoso||Colombia||Sep 2020||9/13/2020||★★★★★|
|Wonderstate||Guatemala Adenisa||Guatemala||Aug 2020||8/2020||★★★★★|
Black & White Coffee - Jakub Lazuardi - Anaerobic Natural
Black & White Coffee - Gabriel Motta - Pink Bourbon
Wonderstate - Peru San Fernando
Sip of Hope - Let Hope Bloom
David Rio Chai Bar - Rio Magdalena
Jittery Joes - Tanzania Peaberry
Jittery Joes - Whoop Ass
Jittery Joes - Morning Ride
Sip of Hope - Papua New Guinea Peaberry
Colectivo Coffee - Blue Heller
- One of my favorite blends and one of my early introductions to high end coffee.
Just Coffee - Laos Peaberry
- Very interested to see what another Peaberry coffee will taste like. I love the Tanzanian Peaberry from EVP…and it will be interesting to see how the growing region affects the flavor.
Sip of Hope - Conversation Starter
- Pretty much the perfect blend. So well balanced, drinkable, and delicious.
Sip of Hope - Mexico Nayarit Natural
- I drank a lot of fantastic coffee in 2020. One of the few upsides to forced work-from-home was that I drank a lot more coffee at home than usual. As a result, I was able to order more and try more coffees than usual. Here’s a photo of all the coffees I had in 2020.
EVP Coffee - Brazilian
Ancora - Holiday Blend
- Reminds me of coffee at grandma’s house. It’s a blend of both medium and darkly roasted beans and unfortunately I’m picking up some mild burnt tastes. The holiday spice is there, but it’s a bit too dark for me.
Sip of Hope - Conversation Starter
- Sip of Hope has started roasting their own coffee! The previous iteration was an awesome blend roasted by Dark Matter Coffee but I was super excited to give this a try. Their debut coffee is a medium roast from Mexico. Very good! Earthy with robust and roasty flavors, not much sweetness or fruit. Great in a french press. No bitterness or acidity. Could drink this all day long.
EVP Coffee - Tanzanian Peaberry
- A personal local favorite that I haven’t had for quite a while. Holds up well. Bright and fruity without being acidic - has a nice roasty flavor as well.
Ruby Coffee - Gachatha (Kenya)
Just Coffee Wake the Flock Up
- A perfectly drinkable blend of coffee and roast types. A little uneven at times.
Just Coffee Revolution
- A bit too dark for me. Tastes over-roasted and kills some of the flavors, but fans of dark roast coffees will like this.
Madcap Luis Reinoso
I’ll call this a classic diner blend. It’s a little bit darker than I would like - has an ever-so-slight burn taste.